Back with another meal here for ya today. Mama’s Meals is becoming a monthly series, so check back each month for a new recipe to add to your meal planning list. This one is an easy one. So yummy and fresh. Perfect for a warm summer night or a BBQ with friends. And the colors… so peeerrrtty! I’m excited to share this one with you guys. Hope you enjoy it!
:: Ingredients::1 cup uncooked orzo
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive or sunflower oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 cup shredded, grilled, skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper 1 cup grilled corn, shaved off the cob 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Prepare chicken thighs with light dusting of salt and lemon-pepper seasonings. Place on grill with corn and cook until done (about 8-10 minutes or when chicken reaches 165 degrees F).
2. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add in orzo. Allow it to cook until it is soft, around 9 minutes. Drain and run under cool water.
2. Chop and prepare all vegetables. Shave corn off of cob once cooled.
3. Prepare dressing by mixing in a small bowl the lemon juice, lemon rind, oil, honey salt, pepper, and honey. Whisk together.
4. Combine cooled orzo, diced chicken and vegetables into one bowl. Slowly pour over dressing, stirring as you go.
5. Add in chopped fresh dill and goat cheese to top.
6. Serve and enjoy!