I’ve so appreciated my dear friend Anna Kate of Home Away from Home introducing me to the blog The Wiegands. Casey is a beautiful woman who I have grown to love reading and seeing her gorgeous photos. She and some other beautiful bloggers have come together to host a link-up on #making2014count .. Here’s what I’ve got to say.
1. What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year, and what is your plan for making it happen?
I want to really see the beauty all around me. I want to stop looking at my phone, living vicariously through what other people find to be beautiful, and see what it is the Lord has set in my life that is beautiful. I live in a colorful world, full of joy and pain (my work life), and for once in my life, I’d love to come to embrace the fullness of those emotions.
To attempt to succeed at this goal, I want to wake up in the morning and remember to reflect on what my life is really about. It’s not about the best looking blog or the newest cloth diapers or who is dating whom — my life is to find beauty, to find Him who has given me so much more than I could ever deserve. I know that looking into my husband’s eyes, I will find Him. I know that when I bend down to hug and kiss and cuddle my daughters, I am being held by a King in the same way.
2. Many people choose a word to reflect on, live by, or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it, and how you hope to incorporate it into 2014.
I chose this word because I want to discover more of what is inside of me and all around me. I want to learn more from myself, from my husband, from my children, from the beauty that cuts at me and begs to breath new life into my soul.
3. I will make 2014 count by… remembering who it is that I am. I am a woman, a daughter, a wife, a mother, a sister, a cousin, an aunt. I am where I am today to do something more with my existence. I will not remain stagnant – or when I do remain stagnant, that I use that stillness to reflect and do better. Not more, just better. Do me. I know that if I use the gifts I have been given as the woman that I am, I will give glory to the One who has blessed me with so much. That will have counted, my life of prayer, my deeds done in peace, my stillness rested in Him.
Latest posts by Jenna (see all)
- Let Me Tell You What Matters - October 14, 2014
- What I’d Tell You Over Coffee - October 10, 2014
- Capsule Wardrobe Explanation from a Not-So-Fashionable Mom of Three - October 6, 2014