Hi there! Welcome to Currently, where we share with each other what we are Currently up to and let you share your post through the link-up below. We love this link-up, where we can make new friends and build community. Join us.
Thinking about // The storms in life. Whether it be the storms in marriage, in motherhood, in being single, in work, in friendships, in self esteem. The storms come in ebbs and flows. They grip us and shake us up and at times are so incredibly unrelenting. Sometimes I wish it would pass without the wreckage it leaves behind. But it doesn’t happen. There is a mess that is made and a mess to clean up. There is debris that leaves scars and tragedy that opens wounds. My only hope is that I keep my eyes focused through the winds, that I shield myself wherever and however I can, that I stay guarded enough to keep myself locked on Him.
Listening to // I don’t know if I’ve told you this, but I’m a sucker for Audrey Assad. She’s amazing and fills my heart with peace. This song tears me open and perfectly illustrates so many parts of my life.
Thankful for // My beautiful daughters who show me unending love. Who show me what it means to be present and aware. Mike and I took the girls to the bookstore yesterday, and we left both of our phones at home. It was weird. (Is that weird that that was so weird?!) And you know what happened? We were forced to look at each other. We were forced to notice nuances and quirks and laugh at the little characteristics that each of the girls have. We were forced into a relationship since we didn’t have our phones.
I didn’t have my phone to turn to in a lull, I had my husband. I didn’t have my phone to distract myself with, I had tickle fights with Siena (3). I didn’t have my phone to worry about, I had my family. And really, how does anything come close to that?
Linked with Oak and Oats.
CURRENTLY LINK-UP RULES
1. Link your Currently post below! Entries unrelated to the theme will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can join on this adventure with us. You can grab the button below:
3. The link up starts on Mondays, but you can join any day of the week!
4. *THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE* We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of women and friends. Comment on the blog post directly before yours to help support and get to know each other. If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.
My co-host this week is the lovely Tawnya of All of Life’s Little Adventures. We’ve recently found each other’s blogs — not sure who found whom first, but I kind of fell in love with hers (and her daughter is stinking adorable). There have been a couple posts that I’m really drawn to and have given me amazing food for thought. (And one of them got some crazy feedback on Facebook.) Check it::
- MARRIAGE AFTER BABY: HOW TO KEEP THE SPARK
- WHAT SCARLETT WORE POSTS
- RAISING A DAUGHTER IN THE WORLD OF SEXUAL ADVERTISING
If you are interested in co-hosting, check out our Sponsor page or email Jenna at info(at)amamacollective(dot)com to get on the list!
Here’s the template for you to copy and paste and do a post as well — link up with us below!
Latest posts by Jenna (see all)
- Let Me Tell You What Matters - October 14, 2014
- What I’d Tell You Over Coffee - October 10, 2014
- Capsule Wardrobe Explanation from a Not-So-Fashionable Mom of Three - October 6, 2014